syllabus for bpsc dpro 2021 apply online
BPSC Prelims Syllabus
The Prelims is the screening stage before the BPSC Mains. The marks in Prelims will not be taken into consideration for the final merit list.
The BPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus and Pattern is:
|Name of Exam
||Combined Competitive Exam (Pre)
||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)
|No of Papers
||1 – General Studies (150 marks)
- General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography of Bihar
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability
Few points to note regarding BPSC Syllabus for Prelims:
- The questions on Science and Tech will be such that they do not require subject specialization.
- Under History, candidates also need to focus on the economic, political and social aspects.
- In both History and Geography, candidates have to prepare the history and geography of Bihar as well.
- Under Geography, questions will also be based on the social and economic geography of Bihar and India, including Indian agriculture and the use of natural resources.
- Under the Indian Economy and Polity, the questions will cover the following topics:
- Indian Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development
- Planning in India and Bihar
- Under the Indian National Movement, candidates have to focus on the resurgence in the 19th century, nature and growth of nationalism in India, and India’s independence. Also, the role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement is important from the BPSC exam point of view.
BPSC Mains Syllabus
Candidates who clear the Prelims stage will be eligible for BPSC Mains. Approximately, the number of candidates selected for Mains will be equal to 10 times the total number of vacancies.
The BPSC Mains Exam Syllabus
Note: The commission will also release BPSC Admit Card for Mains Examination three weeks before the date of the examination.
The Hindi paper is only a qualifying paper with minimum passing criteria of 30 marks (out of 100). The marks in Hindi will not be counted for the overall merit.
|General Studies 1
||General Studies 2
- Indian Culture
- Modern History of India
- Contemporary events of national and international importance
- Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs
- Indian (and Bihar) Polity
- Indian (and Bihar) Economy
- Indian (and Bihar) Geography
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
The BPSC Syllabus for GS 1 will include:
- Modern Indian History (and Bihar) – mid 19th century onwards
- Important personalities – Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Rabindranath Tagore
- Western Education and Technical Education in Bihar
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- Santhal uprising
- 1857 war of independence
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942
- Mauryan and Pal Art
- Patna Kalam Paintings
- Analysis of graphical/diagrammatical/statistical data
Optional Subjects in BPSC Syllabus are:
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science